Progress does not stand still, and thanks to modern technology human life has become much easier. The wireless data transfer technology was a real breakthrough in communication, as well as the synchronization of different devices without the help of wires. If twenty years ago no one could even dream about it, today we are already using these functions.
Wireless data transmission – what is it?
This term refers to the transfer of data between devices without using a wired connection. Today, there are different methods of synchronizing gadgets, and each of these methods is used in its own field and has its own distinctive features. The distance between the equipment during data transfer will vary. It depends on the wireless communication technology. Adapters, embedded modules, etc. are used for this purpose. We will talk about the different ways of wireless communication and their features.
Types of wireless channels
There are three types of this information transfer:
- Mobile radio channels – such channels transmit information between devices without the use of wires. The transmitter creates a radio pulse that is transfered to the atmosphere. Space can partially absorb radio waves, so the signal can be distorted in bad weather. Modern cellular communication is built directly on radio technology. A prime example is bluetooth. It uses a satellite with an antenna.
- Infrared ports – information is transmitted between gadgets. The important condition: devices must be close to each other. LED emission is the basis of this method of data transfer.
- Laser channels – the operating principle is similar to the infrared port, but the LEDs have been replaced by a laser beam. The devices must lie side by side so that data can be transmitted via the laser channel.
Modern wireless data transfer technology
It was mentioned above that nowadays data can be transmitted by radio waves, infrared and laser radiation. Modern technologies of wireless networks make human life more convenient and easier. Let’s look at their varieties:
- Personal networks (WPAN) – allows users to connect devices without wires, such as a computer headset. In this case data is transmitted at high speed. Bluetooth and ZigBee are examples of this technology.
- Local networks (WLAN) – a prime example of this technology is Wi-Fi. WLAN configurations form a large radius for operation and are well protected.
- City networks (WMAN) – they are built similar to Wi-Fi, but work over a larger distance. It is possible for many participants to connect to such network at the same time.
- Global networks (WWAN) – they work on the basis of package transmission of information or by means of communication channels.
The advantages of wireless communication
Modern wireless technology has many advantages, for example:
- there is no mess of wires;
- data is transmitted in high-speed mode;
- instant connectivity;
- mobile equipment;
- the connection will not break at the right moment;
- several types of wireless connection can be used at once on one device;
- several devices can be simultaneously connected to one modem.
With the help of wireless information transmission technology, telecommunications has greatly evolved. Thanks to new discoveries, the use of wireless networks has become more convenient for users all over the world. More people can now use innovative devices in their homes than ever before, thanks to the availability of this technology.